The Poker Host position is responsible for developing and maintaining valuable relationships with players through exceptional customer service skills. The Poker Room Host contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Provide friendly, fast, and helpful customer service to all guests and team members
- Greet guests as they enter the Poker Room, take guest’s name and register guest by entering the information into the automated poker scheduling/seating system.
- Answer Poker Room telephone and take guest information and register them electronically.
- Monitor seating lists and seat guests as space/games become available.
- Guide new guests through the buy-in and seating process.
- Run chips for guests by receiving guest’s request and bringing the chips to the guest.
- Convert currency for gaming chips from the chip bank.
- Maintain a professional, friendly and courteous atmosphere providing the customer with a pleasant gaming experience.
- Resolve guest general concerns and direct guests to Poker Shift Manager as needed.
- Explain and interpret basic rules of poker and betting.
- Advised Poker Shift Manager of any player disputes or arguments that may arise during the game.
- Establishes a direct line of communication with all service departments for the purpose of caring for variety levels of players.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Devotes significant time being visible and available on the casino floor to meet and greet guests during individual visits as well during special events.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs
- Must have intermediate computer knowledge; MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Sales Force (CMS); ACSC preferred.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned