Jamul Casino is looking for FUN, friendly and positive leader to join our team as the Director of Information Technology!
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
The Director of Information Technology’s primary responsibility is to oversee the operation of the IT department and to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization. The Director of IT will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. The Director of IT will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
- Develop and review budgets for and from IT department divisions and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Establishes credibility throughout the property with management and the team members in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of information issues.
- Coordinates the interdepartmental efforts relative to information systems throughout the property.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to executive team.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- On-call availability outside of normal working hours.